SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
Mid-State Special Education is seeking qualified candidates for a School Psychologist opening in our Litchfield District for the 2020-2021 school year. A letter of interest, current resume, and an application should be sent immediately to Angela Armour, Director at Mid-State Special Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
· Illinois PEL with a School Psychologist Endorsement
· M.S., M.A., Specialist, or Ph.D. Degree in psychology or educational psychology and completion of a school psychology program
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to collaborate with school personnel to promote student learning
· Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain automotive insurance coverage as required by IL law
Terms of Employment:
· Full-Time Permanent – 190 Day Position OR Part-Time
· Start Date August 2020
· Regionally Competitive
Job Description: The School Psychologist is a credentialed professional with specialized knowledge and expertise regarding social, emotional, cognitive, physical, language, academic, and psychomotor forces in children which affect the learning process. As such, the School Psychologist is expected to foster positive change for children through the use of advanced intervention, prevention, and follow-up techniques and processes. The School Psychologist provides services to children, parents, teachers, administrators, paraprofessional staff, and the school system through a variety of special, unique methods. Typical responsibilities include: conducting evaluations of individual students so IEP teams can identify those who have disabilities; participating on student assistance/problem solving teams; conducting screenings, functional assessments, behavior management planning, individual/group counseling; progress monitoring; providing workshops or technical assistance on specific topics and knowledge of and participation in the RtI (Response to Intervention) process.